Data rozpoczęcia i zakończenia wydarzenia
2021-02-06 - 2021-02-06
Nazwa obiektu: Microsoft Teams platform
Ulica i numer:
Miasto i kod:
KN The American Law Society z Wydziału Prawa i Administracji UAM, Center For American Studies
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies in cooperation with The American Law Society affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are honored to invite you to take part in the III International Academic Conference titled "The United States of America: Diplomacy, Foreign Policy and International Law"The themes of the conference will revolve around issues related to the U.S. foreign policy, its historical and social determinants and cooperation with other countries on the international arena. We will learn about the role of law in foreign policy and which people in the state government have a real influence on it. We will raise problems related to diplomacy – the role it plays and factors in its development in European and American culture.
The conference will be held on Saturday, February 6, 2021, from 9.00 a.m. to 7 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, February 7, 2021).
WHO CAN APPLY?
We cordially invite students and Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and others interested in the above-indicated fields of research to actively participate in the conference.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Socio-historical determinants of U.S. foreign policy
• U.S. military actions and international law
• USA in diplomatic relations with other countries
• USA in international organizations – military and non-military (NATO, UN, NAFTA, etc.)
• Diplomacy vs. actual actions in the international arena
• USA and international trade policy (including the case studies of the Supreme Court)
• USA and General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
• USA and international financial policy (International Monetary Fund, World Bank, etc.)
• USA and arms trade vs. foreign policy and international law
• "Soft" aspects of U.S. foreign policy
• Specific roles in the U.S. government related to international relations and foreign policy (president, secretary of state, etc.) and their importance
• Economic aspects of the U.S. international economic policy
• The role of U.S. diplomacy in the era of contemporary conflicts
• The development of American diplomacy in historical terms
• Diplomacy as an inseparable element of the U.S. foreign policy
• Modern diplomatic protocolThe thematic areas mentioned above are to be treated only as examples. Moreover, presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of knowledge. The interdisciplinary nature of the conference assumes a wide spectrum of considerations and analyses. Hence, we encourage you to submit abstracts that go beyond the above list.
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION - INFORMATIONACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/WQjqeJKVmnCzpa51A
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on January 27, 2021 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by February 2, 2021 at the latest.Formal requirements for abstracts:
• Text length: 200-300 words;
• Font: Times New Roman 12;
• Line spacing: 1.5;
• Justified text;
• File format: PDF;
• File name: Last name + First name, e.g. Jones Susanna.pdf;
• Your first and last name and affiliation (university) of the author / co-authors should also be included in the abstract at the top of the page;
• The abstract should also be pasted as text into the Speaker Application Form.We reserve the right to select abstracts. At the same time, we would like to inform you that abstracts that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will be rejected in the initial formal selection process. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by January 31, 2021.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at:
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on January 27, 2021 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by February 2, 2021 at the latest.
• 219 PLN / 49 EUR - sending the certificate in the traditional version (printout of a paper certificate bearing the electronic signature of the member of the Center For American Studies’ management board) to the postal address provided by the speaker;
• 199 PLN / 45 EUR - sending the certificate in a digital version (electronically signed by a member of the board of the Center For American Studies, PDF for self-printing) to the e-mail address provided by the speaker;
• PLN 129 / 29 EUR - sending the certificate in the traditional version (printout of a paper certificate bearing the electronic signature of the member of the Center For American Studies’ management board) to the postal address provided by the passive participant (audience);
• PLN 109 / 25 EUR - sending a passive participation certificate in a digital version (signed electronically by a member of the board of the association, for self-printing) to the e-mail address provided by the passive participant (audience).Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: "< first name and last name > – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – < Full Title of the Conference >"
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 10-15 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail / e-mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference;
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission). Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the participant's inability to receive the conference certificate.
• Conference Rules and Regulations:
- https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz (English)
- https://tinyurl.com/y4ecxjk3 (Polish)
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook.
See you at the conference!
Opłaty za uczestnictwo:
49 EUR / 45 EUR