Data rozpoczęcia i zakończenia wydarzenia
2021-01-09 - 2021-01-09
Ulica i numer:
Miasto i kod:
Center for American Studies
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies in cooperation with The American Law Society affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are honored to invite you to take part in the II International Academic Conference titled "Contemporary Problems of American & European Private Law"
The aim of the conference is a thorough discussion of European and American private law (especially civil and commercial law), their similarities and differences, and comparative studies of the relevant private law institutions, i.e. the analysis or comparison of legal institutions and solving the related problems through the prism of their functioning in different legal orders of particular European nation-states and the United States.
The conference will be held on Saturday, January 9, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, January 10, 2021).
WHO CAN APPLY?
We cordially invite students and Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and others interested in the above-indicated fields of research to actively participate in the conference.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• the problem of a European (e.g., Polish, German, French) entrepreneur pursuing claims resulting from the contract signed with an American entrepreneur – including freedom of contract;
• different European and American approaches to freedom of contract;
• the problems of infringement of intellectual property law;
• the impact of the American conflict of laws regulation on the development of private international law (on the example of contractual relations);
• issues of inheritance law taking into account the specificity of European-American relations;
• differences in the way of adjudicating in family matters between European and American courts;
• issues of the institution of tort liability in European and American law;
• ADR methods in Europe and the United States;
• structure of the European and American litigation processes;
• negotiation with European and American clients;
• Polish-American, German-American, French-American, etc., private commercial relations.
The thematic areas mentioned above are to be treated only as examples. Moreover, presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of knowledge. The nature of the conference assumes a wide spectrum of considerations and analyses. Hence, we encourage you to submit abstracts that go beyond the above list.
• Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION - INFORMATION
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/WNhmzyFmFkqtsqDd9
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on December 31, 2020 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by January 5, 2021 at the latest.
Formal requirements for abstracts:
• Text length: 200-300 words;
• Font: Times New Roman 12;
• Line spacing: 1.5;
• Justified text;
• File format: PDF;
• File name: Last name + First name, e.g. Jones Susanna.pdf;
• Your first and last name and affiliation (university) of the author / co-authors should also be included in the abstract at the top of the page;
• The abstract should also be pasted as text into the Speaker Application Form.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. At the same time, we would like to inform you that abstracts that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will be rejected in the initial formal selection process. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by January 3, 2021.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at:
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on December 31, 2020 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by January 5, 2021 at the latest.
• 219 PLN / 49 EUR - sending the certificate in the traditional version (printout of a paper certificate bearing the electronic signature of the member of the Center For American Studies’ management board) to the postal address provided by the speaker;
• 199 PLN / 45 EUR - sending the certificate in a digital version (electronically signed by a member of the board of the Center For American Studies, PDF for self-printing) to the e-mail address provided by the speaker;
• PLN 129 / 29 EUR - sending the certificate in the traditional version (printout of a paper certificate bearing the electronic signature of the member of the Center For American Studies’ management board) to the postal address provided by the passive participant (audience);
• PLN 109 / 25 EUR - sending a passive participation certificate in a digital version (signed electronically by a member of the board of the association, for self-printing) to the e-mail address provided by the passive participant (audience).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: " In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately. FAQ If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook. See you at the conference! 219/199 zł or 49/45 euro
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 10-15 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail / e-mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference;
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission). Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the participant's inability to receive the conference certificate.
• Conference Rules and Regulations:
- https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz (English)
- https://tinyurl.com/y4ecxjk3 (Polish)
Opłaty za uczestnictwo:
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook. See you at the conference!
219/199 zł or 49/45 euro