Data rozpoczęcia i zakończenia wydarzenia
2023-10-12 - 2023-10-13
Ulica i numer:
Miasto i kod: Kraków
Dublin University of Technology; Uniwersytet Pedagogiczny im. Komisji Edukacji Narodowej w Krakowie
We are pleased to announce the call for papers for our upcoming Food and Drink as a Gift Conference, which will be held in Krakow, Poland. We invite abstract submissions from a wide range of disciplines to examine the various aspects of food and drink as a gift. Food and drink have long been highly symbolic, and they continue to play a vital role in our daily lives and in our relationships with others.
We welcome original and thought-provoking papers that address the theme from a wide range of perspectives, including but not limited to the following topics:
• Culinary traditions and the role of food in cultural exchange
• The art of cooking and presentation as a form of gift-giving
• The impact of food as a gift on community building and social connections
• The sustainability and ethical considerations of food production and gifting
• The history and evolution of food as a gift in different societies and cultures
• The role of technology and innovation in the food industry and gift-giving
• The connection between food as a gift and health, wellness, and nutrition
• The business and economic aspects of the food industry and gift-giving
• The psychology of giving and receiving food as a gift
• The future of food as a gift in a rapidly changing world
• Food and drink as a symbol of hospitality and generosity
• The cultural and social meanings of food and drink gifts
• The intersection of food and drink gifts with gender, class, and race
• The role of food and drink in contemporary gift-giving practices
• Food and drink gifts in religious and ritual contexts
• The impact of globalization on food and drink gifts
The conference fee is 500 PLN/100 Euros (375 PLN/75 Euros for students and PhD candidates). This includes a welcome pack with conference materials, tea/coffee breaks, refreshments in the conference venue, the conference dinner, publication of the paper (if accepted for publication). Please note that travel costs and accommodation are not included.
Please forward this notice to any interested parties.
• Before submitting your abstract, please complete your Online Registration on the conference website: https://foodanddrinkas.weebly.com/
• After you have registered for the conference on our website, send abstract submissions to email@example.com by 10 th June 2023.
• All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts in the field, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out by 20th June 2023.
• Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and should clearly state the research question, methodology, and significance of the proposed paper.
• Please include the author's name, affiliation, contact information, and a brief biography of the presenter or presenters.
• The presentation of a paper at the conference should be no longer than 20 minutes.
• Selected papers from the conference will be considered for publication in a special issue of a relevant academic journal or a monograph.
Please visit the conference website at https://foodanddrinkas.weebly.com/ for details regarding the venue, conference programme, suggested accommodation, transportation and other practicalities.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and to exploring the rich and fascinating topic of food as a gift together.
Opłaty za uczestnictwo:
500 PLN (375 Students and PhD Candidates)